Radiant. Gorgeous. Glowing. This is the #1 request I get from my clients when I consult with them on cleaner beauty. They say…Melanie, I want to look like I’m GLOWING!
What I know they are saying is that they want their skin to look fresh and dewy and their makeup to look pretty and illuminating. To get this GLOW is NOT just about the makeup.
It starts with the SKIN. The better shape your skin is in, the better you can achieve the look of glowing, radiant skin with the right products. Once your inner and nutritional wellness is improved, the more honest that glow is. It all works together in perfect, balanced harmony. Start with richly nourishing skincare that balances and hydrates your skin from the inside out. Polish the skin a couple of times a week to exfoliate the toxins accumulated in the skin to give it luster and radiance. Feed your body beauty foods with high quality ingredients that will nourish your inner glow from the inside out. Hydrate to soften, maintain and detoxify skin and body. Continue Reading
I received this product for free from MomsMeet, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
Wow! My husband cooked me dinner last night. Working mamas, you need Green Chef in your life. Hey mamas, I get it. You are working hard, you are putting in time on your side hustle and building your empire and in the meantime, you have a family to feed, laundry to do and you haven’t had your hair colored or a massage in weeks (or months.) The time management struggle is real. What I love so much about services like Green Chef is they absolutely save you time in the kitchen so you can focus on what matters most. When you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen, you can focus on the meal and your family and actually enjoy yourself. While we certainly aren’t strangers to meal delivery subscription boxes, I was thrilled when Momsmeet asked me to review a Green Chef meal delivery. I have had my eye on Green Chef for a while and I can’t wait to share what I thought.
Change often brings a new point of view into your life. New ideas, new perspectives, and new people will always come. For me it brought Ashley Cribb. Because of my new interest in healthy & wellness and non-toxic living, I am fortunate enough to connect with the loveliest boss mamas on instagram.
Welcome to the last week of January. I am finally shaking off the last of bit of fatigue and exhaustion from the holidays and ready to dive into Spring! I have to admit, it takes me a while to get back in the swing of things after the holidays. Those first few weeks of January hit me hard. Anyone else?
I wanted to share a few of my favorite ways to recharge and get my energy back this winter.
Here is what I am doing to reconnect with my health and wellness goals for 2017:
1. Having a glass of water with apple cider vinegar, lemon and chia seeds in the morning before my coffee. I really feel the difference in my energy level. Read about the benefits and get the recipe here.
photo from wholefully.com blog
2. Moving my body at least 30 minutes a day. Once I get out of a workout routine, it is SO hard for me to get back into one. Fortunately, I have Coach Ali on my side. She has me so pumped to live a happier, healthier life. I am so glad we connected (read more about the awesomeness of Ali here.)
Ali’s challenge group got me started on Beachbody on demand and there are hundreds of different workouts to chose from each day. I got hooked on Shaun T Insanity years ago, but the work out can be very time consuming. Thankfully he has T25 which is just 25 minutes of heart-pounding, sweat-inducing abuse. My goal is 21 straight workouts. Today is day 4..eek!
photo from coach ali’s blog : chase your happy
What do you do to move your body?
4. Back to plant-based whole food eating. When I get off track from planning meals, it is pizza 2 or 3 times per week and the sluggishness comes back. It can be so tempting to curl up on the couch with a gooey slice of pizza and a glass of red wine. Finally, I am back to meal planning and it feels so good. Sheet pan dinners are my JAM!
Santa brought me a new cookbook for Clean Bowls that has super tasty recipes. Bowls are so easy and I love to prep the components on a weekend.
photo from anya’s eats blog
Here are some of my favorite recipes that are quick, delicious and healthy:
5. My skin was so dry and parched from being up under all the heat and frankly, I was off from my usual cleansing regime. I gave myself permission to have a spa night complete with pajamas, hot tea and good book. I applied our Charcoal Purifying Mask. After that, I used the Rejuvenating Toner Pads and sealed in the moisture with the Rejuvenating Radiance Serum. My skin is glowing and baby soft again. No need for foundation on busy days. Just a quick swipe of concealer and lipgloss gets me out the door.
There are a few of my favorite products!
Would you like to try any of these?? Drop me a line, I would be happy to send you samples or drop off loaner kits of products, if you are local to the Atlanta area.
What are your favorite ways to be good to yourself? Hit “reply” and let me know. I would love to hear from you.
Disclaimer: I decided to become a consultant with Beautycounter because I believe in their mission to get safer beauty products into the hands of everyone. I only share products and brands that I truly love. If you purchase any products that I have linked here, I will receive commission, which continues to help support my blog and my coffee habit.
I have a confession to make. I have been bitten by the safer beauty bug. I really didn’t mean for this to happen. Two and a half years ago, I had no skin care regime. I had a toddler and was knee deep in potty training and picking Cheerios up off the floor. Who had time to exfoliate? For Christmas, I asked for a skin care regime as a gift and my adorable husband waltzed into the mall and came out with an expensive set from a reputable brand but it did absolutely nothing but make my sensitive skin burn with its highly potent formulation of acids and sea kelp and God knows what else. Into the trash that went. Well…after the night cream turned a rancid shade of yellow. Fast forward to a few months later and a mutual facebook friend posted about a new company she had joined and I hopped on the website and was hooked.
Beautycounter has been a part of my skin care regime for 2 years now. I was blissfully purchasing and using the products without ever thinking about becoming a part of the company. It’s not like I need yet another business, but I really could not pass on the opportunity. I’m crazy passionate about giving back and creating positive change in my community.
WHY BEAUTYCOUNTER? WHY NOW?
I love being social and sharing amazing economic opportunities to women. One of the things I love about Beautycounter is that it can make such a huge difference by forcing you to rethink all of the other things you put in and on your body. When I started learning about the laws around cosmetic and personal care product regulation, I was shocked. I want to do everything I can to make healthy choices for my family and I’m excited to be a part of this movement. Continue Reading
Women ask me all the time, “how do you find the time to “_________________” insert random task here (do a side-hustle, get your hair done, read a book, cook a hot meal, have date night) with all the other things you have to do for your family? I decided to share some of my tips, tricks and favorites to help all you hardworking mamas out there. Now I am not saying I am some perfect mama who looks glowing and beautiful at carpool, works out everyday and while cooking a perfectly balanced pinterest-worthy meal in a spotless home. Pul-lease. Let’s get real. I am a real mama with the same amount of chaos and crazy as many of you, but I enjoy life and I have learned a few tips along this journey that have actually given me back some of my sanity.
1. Early Riser Wake up before your family gets up. I know this may be an unpopular tip but trust me, it works. Getting up 30-45 minutes earlier than your family will give you time in the morning to meditate, exercise, get clarity on your intentions for the day and crank out a few tasks before the day starts. Here are tips on how to wake up earlier and what to do:
• move your alarm across the room • do 20 minutes of stretching, walking or aerobic exercise • do not look at facebook or email, read a motivational book or blog post • plan your day or do a task that needs to be done
2. Plan out your week Grab a cheap planner from Target and sit down (or hide in the bathroom) on Sunday night and look at your schedule for the week. Is everything absolutely necessary? If its not a “hell yea!” so no. It’s ok, you don’t have to volunteer for every single thing at your kid’s school. 3. Time block Time blocking is great for doing tasks for your side hustle. Your blocks can be as small as 15 minutes. You can do anything in 15 minutes like • make 2 phone calls • write 2 thank you notes • check on 2 clients • brainstorm 2 blog posts • plan meals for the next 2 days • pack 2 lunches • spot clean a room Notice my theme of doing things in 2? You can do at least 2 tasks in 15 minutes. Break down your task, set an alert on your phone and give yourself a break if you skip a day (or 20). 4. Plan your meals Take an extra 20-30 minutes to plan meals for the week or even for the month and boom! Now you have a plan for meals. Personally, the what-to-cook-for dinner-dilemma is the most menacing and stressful tasks I have. Even if you don’t stick to it, I like having an idea of meals for the week. I try to cook seasonally and let what is fresh and available dictate most of my meals. Frankly, sometimes my meal planning means rotating the same five meals each week but there are no complaints from my family so it works for me. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just needs to be planned so you don’t have to think about it.
5. Buy back your time. Yet another, meaningful tip I learned from the lovely ladies I work with. While I adore being in a mentorship role to my team, sometimes I feel like I am drowning in tasks and to-dos. Until I learned to buy back my time. Yes! Duuuuuuh!!! Why didn’t I think of that? Your time is valuable and you can pay others to do tasks that free you up to do what you love like, spending time with your kids or hubby, working on your sidehustle, or taking time for yourself and self care. Here are a few ways to buy back your time: • Set a timer for 15 minutes in the morning and evening and have “family pick up time” to save time on huge housecleaning tasks. A little bit each day helps.
• Prep and cook most of your meals on Sunday evenings. Using a crockpot has been an enormous time saver for me. I make ahead freezer meals (pop over to my pinterest board for LOADS of recipes here , here and here) and pop one in the crockpot on hectic days. YUM!
• Hire a teenager or friend to watch your kids for a few hours (you can also swap with other mama friends), do administrative tasks in your office, prepare packages for shipping.
• Try not to go to the store. For anything. Shop online and buy in bulk to save money and time.
Try Instacart to bring me fresh groceries from Whole Foods & Costco. If they are in your area, you have to try this, order online and have your groceries to your house in an hour. Hello time saver….and sanity saver.
While you are in the mood of having things delivered, let me share, I am completely obsessed with Club W to have affordable, sustainable, personally selected wines delivered to my door.
I have become obsessed with the cleaning supplies and body care products from Honest Company, I order the Honest Bundles and keep my house fresh and sparkly clean. I have to feel good about what I am using and this makes it easier.
Spend a quick 15 minutes doing your own nails and save time going to the nail salon. I love being a Julep Maven and getting a new shipment of fun nail colors each month to try. I save time and have a gorgeous manicure every week. It’s relaxing and refreshing to do at my desk once a week before I start my day. Try your first box FREE with code SCORE (just pay $2.99 shipping).
Cheers to you hardworking mamas out there, I hope these tips help you keep your sanity and sense of peace. Your hardwork is much appreciated by your family. Take some time to be in the moment, hug and snuggle your little ones (or big ones if they will let you).