I am always looking for ways to do my job easier, smarter and more stylish. Because our business relies on relationships, it is super critical to stay organized and on top of your customer service and outreach. If you have a team or want to grow a large team, you need tools to help you coach and motivate your team. By the time you organize all the things you need to do to book parties, hostess, coach, do customer service, keep track of expenses, market and sell your product it can become overwhelming. I love having an iphone, it allows me to run my business at my fingertips and be instantly connected to my customers and team. Because I am so passionate about helping you rock your social selling business, I have compiled a list of my favorite resources to help you run your business like a boss and these are just the tip of the iceberg.
TECH TOOLS & APPS THAT I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
1. Redstamp, this is one of my favorite apps because it allows me to create save the dates, invitations and thank you cards right from my phone. Don’t you feel so bad ass when you book a party from a party? I know I do. Then, I simply whip out my phone and create a save the date in a few clicks of a button. I can instantly send it to her via text, email or post it to her facebook page. Some social selling companies have branded invitations for RedStamp which makes it even easier to create instantly beautiful and consistent invitations for your customers. Redstamp has adorable cards and invitations for any occasion which can also be printed and mailed plus their online shop carries a selection of super cute party accessories.
2. Voxer, another app I simply cannot live without. It’s like a walkie talkie app that allows you to leave voice messages in real time or retrieve and respond to them later. You can also send text messages, photos and even video. I’m obsessed with this app because it allows me to be in contact with my team at my convenience. I am in the car alot of the time and I simply cannot respond to text messages all the time. This works wonders because I can get on voxer and answer long questions, motivate, encourage and share tips. What I love is that the messages are in a feed that can be retrieved later for easy reference. You can also create group voxes or private one on one voxes. Hands down on of my favorites for team communication and coaching.
3. Word Swag, As a graphic designer I totally feel like I am cheating when I use this app but I just can’t get enough of it. It just makes my life so much easier. I love using Word Swag to create quick graphics with text on them. These can be used in so many different ways. I love making “thank you for your order” images to post on customer’s facebook wall, they are great for team recognition and motivation and I love using it to brand my business. Click To Tweet I use WordSwag in combination with my company’s social sharables to create my own branded images that stand out from other social selling gals.
4. Mail Chimp Snap, If you aren’t using mail chimp to create email newsletters for your customers and team, you are seriously missing out. I love Mail Chimp for helping me automate email marketing and it’s free up to 2000 subscribers. I keep lists for my team and my customers. Adding new subscribers is a snap and they can easily unsubscribe if they no longer want to get your emails. Mail Chimp helps me work smarter and I just discovered an app that I use on my phone to send photo campaigns on the go. My usual email newsletters have several text boxes, links, images and even video. Mail Chimp Snap sends a simple campaign with one image for easy clear communication to your lists right from your phone. During the holiday season, email marketing can be your best friend. Every major company uses email marketing and there is a good reason why, it works and there is no reason you shouldn’t be using it.
5. Holler, I found this app one evening and I was instantly hooked so I have to share. Holler allows you to create postcards marketing your business and send them to specific address areas that you target. From the app, you create and pay for your postcards. Then they print and deliver them to you all for one price. I mailed 50 postcards for $25 to an area near my home and sent one to myself. It’s just another way to market your business and get your name out there. You never know who where your post card will land and it could be your next big client or new consultant.
6. Slick Text, is an sms text marketing tool that I recently started using. I admit, I am not always the fastest to jump on all the latest technology but I use my phone for 90% of my business so I am giving it a try. You create a word (mine is “winewithmel”) that is texted to the Slick Text number and from there you capture your prospectives number. From there you can create campaigns that are sent right to their phone via text. I love this and have been using it at parties. The auto-responder text message has my website url and my facebook business page url. You can create campaigns for specials, coupon codes or contests. When I first tried it out, I couldn’t believe people whipped out their phones and signed up. It made me so giddy that now I have another way to reach out and stay top of mind. There is a free plan if you want to try it out and Slick Text is offering 15% off your first month with my code “STR97” with my link.
7. Bitly -I use bitly to shorten links to my social sales website because frankly, sometimes those links can be so darn long. Bitly allows me to track the links and see how much traffic I am getting to them. Bitly is super easy to use and it keeps track of your activity so you can analyze how our efforts are working. You can customize your links with your unique wording. You may have links that you send out during your launch or links that you use during special sales or incentives. Super helpful and easy to use.
I am so excited to finally share these, what are your favorite tech tools and apps? I would love to know what you use to run your business like a boss.
*This post contains affiliate links and I may receive compensation if you click them or purchase. I appreciate you supporting the brands that support this blog.